Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Saturday 23 May 2009

I have fallen for the jasmine one more time

Some 3 winters ago I forgotten to keep track with autumn frost dates. When I came back from a few days away, I found the 4 years old Jasmine plant had turned into ice sticks. The plant's pot had been empty for a while. Since no other plants took over the pot, I replanted a new jasmine in it.

This is a warm climate plant. Its doing extremely well in the heat at the moment, releasing fantastic fragrance from the clusters of tiny white flowers but its real home is in the conservatory. For 3 months a year, Jasmine get the chance to be outside enjoying the outdoor fresh air on the patio of the moonlight garden.

This jasmine thrive well all over the place in the mediterranean part of Europe. Seeing it in bloom in my garden, even though not so grand in stature because it is living in a pot on wheels, the wafting fragrance reminded me of all the romantic warm places down south and the warm asian countries.

While visiting India, I remembered seeing a lot of jasmine blooms stringed together with fine thread where temple devotees put it around the neck of the temple deities. It is probably the same one I saw during an Indian wedding.

I guess I'm incurable. What is a garden full of fragrant roses without the wafting sweet smell of jasmine to make the evening double heady?






____________________________________________________________________
Copyright © Rosesarerae All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment