Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Sunday 22 March 2009

Harbinger of Spring - It's Electrifying!!


When weatherman said sleet over the weekend, I was disappointed. Wet soggy spring snow are very heavy and will definitly foul up lots of those lovely harbingers that are low growing plants.

Lo and behold!

Weather gods decided to send spring snow to other parts of the country.

Isn't that a tiny bit of blessing to be joyous about?

I'm certainly counting my blessings.

Though a bit cold, 1° celcius, partial cloudy and the wind chill factor made it even colder, I can't stay curled up late. The dog must go out, and its always urgent in the morning.

I tried to catch the light whenever the sun peeked out from behind the clouds, and took pictures of this lovely furry Pulsatilla. Long time ago, this flowering plant was called Anemone Pulsatilla, but now the taxonomist decided it should be called Pulsatilla Vulgaris. Don't know what made them change the name, but I think I like the old name much better.

After 30 minutes not moving much behind the camera, and waiting for the wind to kind of calm down a bit, my fingers turned numbed and I can't feel the camera button, ran into the house, put my hands in the toasty warm oven gloves and try to sip a warm ovomaltine while sifting through the pictures.

The wind was also extremely dry with charged atoms, that static electricity built up in my body similar to during the time in the depth of winter when the air in the house used to be very dry. Actually, I really shouldn't be complaining even though my hair is standing on its end. Pulsatilla Vulgaris Papageno having its hair standing on end.

Everything I touched became an electrifying experience. The dog jumped nervously when I tried to fix his leash. The camera goes a bit haywire when I switched it on. A simple pecking kiss to my husband and we both were electrified.



When the clouds moved away, and the sun shine brightly....
.......there, you can see my smiles are reflected right here in that fully opened flowers.

4 comments:

1 said...

What a beautiful post. The words go perfectly with the pic, you know how to capture readers' heart, don't you? Very well done. ^^ How've you been lately?

rae said...

Thank you. I appreciate your encouraging kind comments.

If this had entertained you, this certainly had entertained me just as much (while working on it)

I’m fine. Thank you for asking, though I probably would be doing superb had winter remained in the past tense.

Such is life in the mountains…

Ching Ya said...

hi Rae, silly me, I don't know what happened but my account shown as '1' instead of my name? Oh well, in case you're wondering, that's me earlier. What on earth is happening these days? Glad you're doing fine.

rae said...

CY, I don't think you're being silly at all. Something is happening, though I don't know what???

I just received an email from another blogger who's also asking and looking for feedback if such strange numbers are appearing on other blogs.

I just replied the mail saying "yes, one of my blog friend has turned into number "1"

LOL

Weird things never stop happening....

Post a Comment