Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Alchemist

This is one rose whose name is spelt in so many different ways in so many publication and reference book; Alchemist, Alchymist, Alchymiste, alchemyst, Alchemyste, alchimiste and probably a few more I had missed out. As fascinating as the multi-tone colours that appears on the blooms, I am short of words to describe its psychedelic dizzying beauty.

This is one of my favourite climbing rose, not because of its lanky, tall and stiff growth but because the flowers are so special.

I could stare at it for hours and not get tired of taking hundreds of photo of it as if I don't want to miss a second while the blooms are still around.

This is a once blooming rose with a good fragrance. It can grow up to 4 meters tall support and excellent for specimens on pillars or arch tunnel. I tried to use it in infront of the evergreen hedge but the leaves told me that they need a good air circulation or otherwise black spotty begin as early as early summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment