Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Monday 15 June 2009

How is your summer so far?


I'm still posting something trivial to see if the scraper is still up to his tricks. I hope you all bear with me until some things get sorted.


Last weekend, my garden recorded almost 16 hours of sunshine. With so much daylight hours, the vegetative growth are unstoppable, especially the weeds. Weather has been a bit rainy in the last 2 weeks, cloudy with sunshine in between, very typical of my climate. All the newly opened big petals on my Mme Gregoire Staechelin got knocked off by the rain. Some of my inherited moss roses balled up very badly due to the intermittent rain and sunshine. Albertine is looking great at the moment. This is a salmon pink rose with a very strong fragrant. I could sit for hours under this climbing rose, inhaling deep the wonderful fragrance. If only its a repeat bloomer.


I am enjoying the summer temperatures at the moment. Its within my comfort zone, between 20 to 28 degrees celcius, that means I am more in the garden than I am in the house.
Bindweed is such a successful plant. I measured this particular bindweed in the picture. It grew 10 inches within 24 hours. That is growth at the speed of light.


_______________________________________________________________________
Copyright © Rosesarerae All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment