Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Monday 9 February 2009

From the land of the rising sun to the landlocked alpine Switzerland

A dear gardening friend from Japan sent me this photo yesterday. The golden yellow crocus already springing out in her garden. Wonderful news. That is really a short winter compared to mine. Thank you for sending me the sunshine. It cheered me a lot despite a very snowy grey day.

I woke up this morning to a new fresh layer of snow.
I saw our backyard birds flying around in circle chasing each other, defending their territory. It was very entertaining as I stood there sipping my morning coffee and then I realised they were hungry because the feeder was totally covered with snow. One of the suet nut feeder was also missing. Probably buried somewhere under the snow.

I was told the squirrel is likely the culprit for knocking the feeder off the hook but I have never seen this cute furry animal anywhere close to the garden even though we have a few clumps of hazel nuts trees. There was once in spring a very shiny black fur squirrel entered the house and ate the dog's kibbles. He must be very hungry after a long winter and that was the one and only sighting.

While outdoor is so grey, I am glad these eye candy primroses kept on blooming.

In an enclosed area of the winter garden, their sweet smelling fragrance filled up the air. The fragrant is almost like viola odorata.

I bought 10 of them in different colours (a bit like a handful of M&M for the big kid ) and it is still a lot cheaper than seeking treatment for winter blues....

Colour therapy according to http://encyclopedia.farlex.com/colour+therapy




5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rae said...

LOL what are these?

What exactly are you selling SEO?

Is there an english version of your text? lol

Anonymous said...

LOL
I can read some of Chinese characters but no idea what they are selling.

Birds add colours to your garden in snow instead of crocus. So lovely! Birds come to my garden are all brownish.

In Japanese old calendar, February 3rd is the beginning of spring. I didn't believe it when I was a kid. But now I can find signs of spring, thanks to gardening!

rae said...

Thanks for dropping by MAKI and I'll keep updating my garden blog as we move on with the days/seasons.

LOL - I just found out this blog has been spammed! There's spammers amongst the bloggers too? Geez...
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum5/2413.htm

rae said...

I made the above comment without realising how much problem I was going to get into with the spammers/blog hijackers. After the SEO left his comment in here, this person is actually leaving a mark for his associates to get to work and leach out this blog.

A few days afer that, the flag counter registered another visitor from Taiwan. Within days the content of my blog got scraped and they have been enjoying multiple clicks from google search. Cunning.

Any wonder why I've got no time to update my blog. I am too busy reading and researching solutions to clear the mess they made.

Post a Comment