Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Madame Lombard and Unermüdliche arrived in my garden!!

I am over the moon.... so excited, I even did the moon dance!


2 days after I got back from my Italian rosescapades, Tino from La Campanella rose nursery called saying that 2 of my roses are still in their nursery and that he will parcel them over.

Later he sent me the tracking number so I could keep track of the roses journey. For 5 days I was like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus to deliver the christmas present.

Finally yesterday, I got home and the box was patiently waiting to release the joy that's tightly packed inside.

I flipped twice over the moon. Double joy!!
Madame Lombard and Unermüdlich finally made it to my garden.

Yay!! The roses are showing signs of growth even while in the box. They seem impatient to start the rose season.

According to Walter Branchi, the well known Italian Tea Rose collector; Unermüdliche is a special rose that is tireless in its flowering (instancabile nella fioritura...) but of course his garden location is in the warm south, a climate that is similar to Rome. I look forward to see how this rose perform in my climate, hopefully this rose will live up to her name and bloom tirelessly.....

Since Madame Lombard's hardiness is just on the border zone, she will join Rosette Delizy & Rival de Paestum in the glass house. A bit of extra work pushing pots in and out of the winter garden but then hey! if I don't try it, I'll never find out anything about these roses.

Special thanks to Tino from La Campanella. You made my day! .....all the best.

1 comment:

PB said...

thanks for your comment
keep in contact
up down long way around
pb

Post a Comment