Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Monday 6 April 2009

Hyacinth Pink Pearl

A strong wafting sweet fragrance in the chill spring morning greets me as I open the door to let the dog out. Its heavenly smell froze my legs, as I stood there for a few minutes, lost in my thoughts, while my dog had disappeared to his running field at the back of the garden.

They can be grown in the most shaded parts of the garden and the flowers last longer when planted with some indirect sunlight. This is very easy care plants, being bulbs like daffodils, they don't need much watering.

Mine is growing along the side walk entrance and never get any special treatments. They get their water and nourishments from whatever the other plants in that planting area receive in spring, and that's about it.

In some cultures, Hyacinths are sometimes associated with rebirth.
I always thought that chinese calender begin sometime around this time of year, but I just found out that Hyacinth also marks the first day of spring and the beginning of the year in Iranian calendar

For me, Hyacinth is an affordable luxury worth enjoying once a year in early spring, and who can forget Patricia Routledge's role as Hyacinth Bucket in Keeping up Appearances. She is such a roar. I missed that comedy series.


http://rosesarerae.blogspot.com/2009/03/hyacinth-delfts-blau.html

No comments:

Post a Comment