Search This Blog

My Autumn Weather

Saturday 4 April 2009

Summer and Winter on the same day


The very same day we adjusted our clocks to summer time, was also the day winter revisited.

After a short preview of harbingers of spring and all the pretty tiny signs of spring featured in here some days ago, the snow and the awful heavy sleet with the usual frosty morning temperatures gnawed right into our bones.

It was enough to make a lot of people sick. I was more sick in the heart than physically ill.
So, I decided to strategized my daily life plans and took such bad weather as an opportunity to get away and get busy concentrating on other things. That way I know I will not be torturing other people with my endless whining and frustration about lousy weather.


I hope that is the last of winter weather we will be seeing, at least until end of October this year, when life will once again go back to the long endless nights.

Officially, we are already a few days into summer time. Summer time? Yes, Sunday 29th of March, all our clocks and watches moved forward by an hour following the Central European Summer Time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Summer_Time

Even though it is understood that this CEST clock adjusting is more for synchronizing official timing and flight schedules etc, to make sure that no one will miss the flight or an hour late for the meeting etc, but the reality remain the same, Petrus versus weather and nature gods don't work together. This action of pushing forward the clock by an hour doesn't help much at all to speed up the bio-nature of phenology growth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenology

Nevertheless, life certainly will be much more more interesting in the coming days and months. There are more colours appearing around me as the sun ray become more and more intense each day. Everyday is 3 minutes and a few seconds longer than the day before that.


Today, the quicksilver made a leap and rised up to 12°C, which is not that bad compared to my friend Camilla in Norway and others in the Nordic countries whose gardens and vegetation growth are only beginning to get the magic dust from spring fairies.

There are a lot of seedlings sprouting out at the moment, all over the place. Most of them must be weeds as I haven't broadcast any real annual seeds yet. Sometimes I wonder why is it so easy for weeds seeds to germinate?

I thought this one in particular looked very interesting, as if telling me "have a heart! Don't pull me out. Let me grow!!"

Amazing how plants communicate.

I'm sure you've heard or been told by some people that "you must talk to your plants". Well....my father thinks otherwise. He said, I should learn to listen to the plants instead. Some people probably think I'm crazy writing this, but plants do complain if their living conditions are not optimum to their requirements, by showing symptoms or signs which are actually very easy to diagnose. When all their growing basic needs are met, they without fail will show their gratitude and give you beautiful flowers that can make you smile for hours or even days....and that's happiness in the garden. This is a special relationship.


Outdoor living is definitely here. You can't see my dance of joy behind these writings, but I can tell you, I am diving and jiving and rocking around the clock these days, trying to sort out my priorities. With the new concept, I hope to gain a bit more extra minutes, maybe hours partying with Mrs. Spade in the garden.


Check out this Bill Haley video. The girl on the right reminded me of my kiddie days when dad use to swing and twirl me around like a spinning top. He love the outdoor. For him, life is a big outdoor party.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5fsqYctXgM

No comments:

Post a Comment